With any luck, this time of year also has a variety of wild game meat in the freezer. Elk, deer, bear, maybe even some sheep, moose, or caribou. As hunters, our family is always trying to find a new spin on old favorites. Here is a go-to recipe that will have everyone inviting you to the party.
Bear Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
½ pound of ground bear burger (you can use burger of choice)
¾ package of cream cheese
Three jalapeno peppers (cut in half and seeded)
Six pieces of bacon
Garlic salt, and seasoning to taste
1. Begin by browning game meat with preferred seasoning (be sure to cook thoroughly).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Wash jalapeños, cut in half, seeded and set aside.
4. Add the cream cheese into the browned meat and mix well.
5. Fill the sliced jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture evenly.
6. Wrap a slice of bacon around the jalapeño.
7. Place the popper on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until bacon is cooked thoroughly.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and depending on the jalapeno peppers that you buy, they can add a bit of a kick, or be mild enough for everyone to enjoy. The hardest part about this recipe will be sharing.
Need some more ideas to get the kitchen party started? Let the Wilderness Wild Kitchen Cookbook lead the way to tasty grub and satisfied family gatherings. Try the Venison Stuffed Peppers or the Kiwi Burgers. Just be careful not to drool too much on the pages.