Courtney's Coffee Ritual
Updated: Sep 21, 2021
Coffee is what begins my day, sets the mood, and allows me to kick start my energy. This coveted morning ritual is a non-negotiable habit, and because it sets the overall tone of the day, I make sure it’s healthy, comforting, and a frothy cup of goodness.
Here is my morning joe routine - I think you’ll enjoy this.
Because I have recently transformed into a morning person (read about it here in Becoming A Morning Person), I make sure to set the coffee to auto brew each night. This allows me to wake up with a fresh pot of Dark Timber Coffee, ready to go. Then I add a few essentials, blend it to get that creamy whip and sip it while I begin my day.
Here’s what I add-in, and how I make it:
1. Brew coffee of choice (I use Dark Timber because it’s damn good and because they give back to conservation). *see code below for a discount on Dark Timber.
2. Pour 8-10 oz of coffee into a blender (I use a Ninja Blender cup).
3. Add a dash of cinnamon (or you can add it into the grounds when you brew it).
4. 1/2 scoop of Wilderness Athlete C8 MCT Powder (or sub 1 tbsp of coconut oil or butter). *see code below for a discount on Wilderness Athlete.
5. 1/4- 1/2 scoop of Wilderness Athlete Paleo(ish) Protein.
6. Pour in a bit of homemade coconut creamer or coconut milk. (I typically use non-dairy “milk” here, but you can use whatever you’d like).
7. Then use the blender to whip it all together.
Dark Timber: STAYINSPIRED10
Wilderness Athlete: NoExcuses
WARNING: use caution when blending any hot liquid. The heat will create pressure and can cause the lid to pop off. I use the Ninja blender because it does not. Just know it only takes a few seconds, 5-8, to get the intended frothy effect. You can also use an immersion blender - I prefer the whip of the blender better.
You may be asking why I add so many calories to my morning coffee? This is the staple in my everyday routine and it is my “breakfast.” I have one or two cups and don’t eat until lunchtime around 12-1 pm. The added nutrients from the Paleo(ish) Protein adds 15-25 grams of satiating protein, and the coconut oil gives my brain a boost of energy and focus. All in all, this is the perfect start to my day.
Dark Timber Coffee also has options for your next backcountry hunt or backpack adventure. Check out their Gravity packs, a great option for a pour-over coffee of the Vapor packs if you're looking for a DELICIOUS instant mix.
Head over to their website and see what they have to offer. And don't forget a portion of your purchase will go back to conservation! Find it here: Dark Timber Coffee
If you want to take it a step further and control the sugar or ingredients you are consuming, I suggest giving Homemade Creamer a try. It’s simple to make, and so yummy! Check out my non-dairy Homemade Coffee Creamer Recipe.